- This event has passed.
Workshop: Freeing Ourselves from the Prisons of Our Own Making
October 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm$350
Why is it that even long after we have found our Enneagram type, we can still find navigating the territory of our personality to be so confounding?
This workshop will introduce foundational principles of the Enneagram Prison Project (EPP), a paradigm-shifting approach to how we heal. EPP’s tried-and-true method has been used to guide some of society’s most hurting members out of the confines of their own mind and body, and back to lives of freedom and purpose.
Starting with the premise there is nothing wrong with you, we will use the Enneagram as a system to remember what is right about you. In this first-of-its-kind offering, you will be in the company of those who want to “re-member” the best parts of ourselves.
Together we will…
- Uncover how we build our own personal prisons by understanding how personality forms;
- Deepen our ability to listen with reverent stillness – beyond our judgments and aversions; and
- Be more able to stay warmly compassionate for ourselves and others in the midst of our reactivity
Participants are asked to complete the following pre-requirements:
- Read the Wisdom of the Enneagram book by Russ Hudson and Don Riso
- Know your own EnneaType
- Have previously explored your own Enneagram type either with a coach or through another introductory workshop
- Possess a genuine openness to learn about self and share in that process with others
Please note: Any exceptions to these requirements must be cleared with one of the course facilitators.
Special Panel Presentation:
This workshop includes a special panel demonstration of “the work” by EPP Ambassadors. EPP Ambassadors are members of our community who have journeyed their own interiors whie incarcerated as EPP in-custody students. Today, these men and women are genuine agents of change, modeling for all of us what liberation is possible when we understand how to unshackle ourselves from self-limiting beliefs of the past.
Since 2016, Susan Olesek and James Flaherty have been enjoying the evolving partnership between two highly aligned organizations: New Ventures West and Enneagram Prison Project. Together these two visionaries have laid the foundation for interested, certified New Ventures West coaches to volunteer their time to coach and support EPP Ambassadors, those once incarcerated who are navigating newfound freedoms “on the outside.”
- Susan Olesek is a Human Potentialist in pursuit of what is possible for people. She is also the Founder of Enneagram Prison Project, a global, non-profit organization on a mission to help the incarcerated to understand why we do what we do using the Enneagram to inspire transformation – on both sides of the bars – through self-awareness, self-regulation, and self-compassion.
- James Flaherty, MCC is the founder of New Ventures West and co-founder of Integral Leadership LLC. James is also the author of Coaching: Evoking Excellence in Others, which is widely recognized as a seminal text in the field of coach education. He coaches EPP Ambassadors and has served as an Advisory Board Member for Enneagram Prison Project since 2016.